Research & Development and ATP Studies
ASI routinely engages in research and development projects to fill information gaps, develop methods, assess new products, etc. These studies may be funded by organizations such as the US EPA, Water Research Foundation (WRF), Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI), American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), etc., or may be funded by companies/corporations for commercial purposes.
Examples of ASI’s public and private research include:
- Water Research Foundation - Significance of Methods and Samples Volumes for E. coli and Total Coliform Measurements (WRF 4024).
- US EPA - ASI has also participated in numerous studies for method development and validation (e.g., EPA Method 1623 and 1623.1). ASI has also participated in method troubleshooting/optimization studies.
- Development / Optimization – Multidisciplinary studies optimize performance by increasing accuracy, sensitivity, operational efficiency, throughput, etc.
- Analytical method development
- Product development services
- Projects include
- Sample collection devices
- Water treatment units
- Laboratory equipment and
- Microbiological detection systems
- Method Validation:
- ATP Studies
ASI has performed multiple studies using the US EPA’s Alternative Test Procedure (ATP) Protocol for Drinking Water, Ambient Water, Wastewater Monitoring Methods (Sept. 2010, EPA-821-B-10-001). The ATP protocol guides studies of side-by-side method comparisons and acceptance criteria-based method studies.
- ATP Studies